Terrestrial ScanningMastering 3D Data Capture with Laser Scanning
Utilising Terrestrial Laser Scanning over Traditional Methods
- Reduces safety controls imposed and improves project timeline and cost factors.
- This method delivers fast, safe, accurate and cost-effective results, especially when measuring complex areas such as plant environments.
- When plans of an object or structure are not reliable or available.
- Laser scanning removes the need to physically climb, reach, or expose our surveyors to unsafe environments in order to measure the items of interest.
- Reduces time required on-site, minimises shut-downs and expensive equipment requirements.
Applications for terrestrial laser scanning for infrastructure, long-range and mining include:
- Roads and rail infrastructure
- Mining deformation analysis
- Stockpile auditing
Applications for terrestrial laser scanning for engineering, plant, construction projects include:
- Hazardous environments
- Feature surveying and asset mapping
- Engineering and construction
- Deformation and analysis surveys
Applications for terrestrial laser scanning for plant and processing include:
- On-shore projects
Applications for terrestrial laser scanning for scan to BIM include:
- Conversion of existing conditions point clouds into usable BIM elements.
- Capable of delivering in IFC and proprietary formats (Revit, AecoSIM).
- Navisworks deliverables allow for software-free inspection and clash detection for advanced users.
Uses of this data:
The output from our scanners can be imported into a number of 3D CAD software packages for creation of 3D models, view some of our 3D Model projects.
Benefits of Terrestrial Laser Scanning Services
- Our terrestrial laser scanning services provide high resolution 3D images of surfaces to deliver terrain and landscape mapping.
- Highlight the differences between your existing model and new model.
- Our innovative capture methods allow us to scan anything and everything, safely.
- Ultra-fast, high accuracy and efficient capture methods reduces on-site time for our surveyors.
- Reduce costs by reducing the need for multiple people to visit a site to ‘take a few measurements’ through our comprehensive deliverables and visualisation packages.
- Problems such as rework, variations, clashes and staff downtime, can be avoided at an early stage through a single time investment in up-to-date survey data. This information is invaluable and useful throughout the life of the project, paying itself off through reducing rework, variations, clashes and staff downtime.
- Advanced warning of interference and clash detection.
- Laser scanning lends itself to site capture during normal operation, which can be done pre-shutdown in order to provide the information needed by maintenance personnel before it is required.
- Point cloud data can be integrated directly in to your CAD or BIM workflow, or provide you with drawings for planning discussions.
- Ultra-fast acquisition rates (1 million points/sec).
- High accuracy 1mm to 6mm.
- Remote inspection.
- Site installation is completed without issue.
Why choose IntelliSpatial for your Terrestrial Laser Scanning requirements?
The team at IntelliSpatial has the technical and practical expertise, utilising the latest technology and procedures for Terrestrial Laser Scanning. We work over diverse platforms, allowing us to provide you with the best tailored solution to your desired results.
IntelliSpatial has a team with the knowledge and experience to undertake any Terrestrial Laser Scanning requirements. For more information on our Terrestrial Laser Scanning services, contact us today on 1300 526 378.
Mobile Laser Scanning & Mapping Systems
Unmanned Aerial Surveys (UAS)
Need Consulting? Contact Us Now
Contact us to find out how our unique offering, expertise and reach can assist you in making better decisions with your data to achieve your vision.